The link between the gut flora and feeling sexy comes from the study of the digestive system and its microbiome, which reveals an interesting fact. The gastrointestinal tract contains much of the body’s serotonin – one of the primary neurotransmitters – that determines if you feel happy, energetic, or even sexy. Perhaps, this last one sounds odd to you, but it does have a scientific explanation.
Serotonin works actively in several areas, including human sexuality. According to Dr. Edward Catalano – a member of the Center For Integrative and Preventative Healthcare in New Jersey – one of the functions of this chemical outside the central nervous system is “to control and improve blood flow to several areas, including the genital regions”, which explains gut flora’s role in the libido.
Researchers have suggested that the intestinal system plays a relevant role in our emotional state and overall health. Besides being responsible for digesting food and absorbing nutrients, our gut contains billions of bacteria, which are living organisms that work actively and cause important effects on our overall body function, to the point of being labeled by some doctors as a “second brain”. This community of microorganisms is what we call gut flora.
Providing yourself with a healthy lifestyle – combined with a proper food practice – is the best way to stimulate the good microbes within your gut, making you feel vigorous and therefore, more confident about yourself, which in turn, makes you feel and appear sexier!
With that being said, it’s time to feel sexy! Although this time, I suggest starting from the inside instead from the outside. A better lifestyle based on some basic tips will be the perfect boost you need to get started.
6 Lifestyle Strategies For Better Gut Flora
- Avoid unnecessary antibiotic treatment
- Avoid antacids
- Limit alcohol
- Sleep 7–9 hours
- Manage stress with meditation or yoga
- Increase self-care
Don’t forget to combine it with a proper alimentation which contributes to a healthy gut flora, making you feel sexier and more confident about yourself.
6 Nutritional Strategies To Feel Sexier
- Avoid sugar, artificial sweeteners, and processed foods.
- Limit grains and avoid refined grains, especially – gluten.
- Avoid vegetable oils like canola oil, soybean oil, and peanut oil as well as margarine and shortening, which are high in inflammatory fats like omega-6 fatty
acids and trans-fats. Instead, switch to healthier fat options like grass-fed ghee, extra-virgin olive oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil.
- Eat an abundance and a variety of plant-based foods. Choose organic and local as much as possible.
- Drink 8–10 glasses of spring water or filtered water.
- Eat probiotic-rich foods such a sauerkraut, kefir, or kimchi and prebiotic-rich foods such an onions, garlic, or Jerusalem artichokes.
Want to feel sexy now? Improve your gut health permamently with my amazing Gut Health 911 Ebook. Get my FREE guide to repair your gut and reduce inflammation, chronic diseases, weight, fatigue and anxiety. Get your FREE Ebook HERE!