Bone broth recipe is the “newly found” miracle food that our grandmothers already knew of. Here is a summary of why it’s so healthy and a recipe with many bone broth variations for endless enjoyment and health benefits.
Here are some ailments that Bone Broth recipe may help you with:
- Protects Joints
- Good for the Gut
- Maintains Healthy Skin, Hair and Nails
- Supports Immune System Function
- Boosts Detoxification
- Aids the Metabolism and Promotes Anabolism
Bone Broth recipe is packed with:
19 easy-to-absorb, essential and non-essential amino acids (the building blocks of proteins)
collagen/gelatin, which help form connective tissue, additionally it has:
- Glycosaminoglycans (GAG)
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Chondroitin Sulfate
- Minerals and Electrolytes
Beef Bone Broth Recipe
4 pounds grass-fed beef bones with marrow*
3-4 carrots, chopped
3-4 celery stalks, chopped
2 medium onions, peel on, sliced in half lengthwise and quartered
4 garlic cloves, peel on and smashed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
2 bay leaves
3 sprigs fresh thyme
5-6 sprigs parsley
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (important to extract the goodness of the bones)
18-20 cups cold water
*Instead of beef you can use:
- Chicken carcass. Use whole chicken but remove the chicken meat after 1 hour cooking time (use for salads, stir fry and other dishes) and continue boiling the carcass as below – reduce cooking time to 24 hours
- Fish bones – 1 large or 2 small fish heads from cod or haddock, split lengthwise, gills removed, and rinsed clean of any blood and 3 pounds fish bones, cut into 2-inch pieces and rinsed clean of any blood – reduce cooking time to 12-24 hours
- For vegetarians/vegans: You can do the same with organic vegetable scarps and skins (keep in freezer until use) but it will not have the same benefits as using bones
Place all ingredients in a 10 quart capacity crock-pot.
Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce and simmer gently, skimming the fat that rises to the surface occasionally.
Simmer for 24-48 hours.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
Discard solids and strain the remainder in a bowl through a colander. Let stock cool to room temperature, cover, and chill. Remove surface fat the next day.
Use within a week or freeze up to 3 months.
Please let me know your feedback in the comments below and share with your friends.
Like what you are reading?
Learn more detox recipes and tips in my 10-Day Sexy Weight Detox Program!