How to get unstuck when losing weight
Have you ever felt that even though you’re eating carefully and exercising regularly, but you’re not losing weight?
More people than you think feel stuck when trying to lose weight, but why does it happen?
You’re taking your supplements, following your diet, doing regular exercises… what are you doing wrong?
It’s called Weight loss Plateau and it’s completely normal
During the first few weeks of losing weight, you may notice a rapid drop of pounds. Nothing more exciting than getting on the scale and realizing that you’ve dropped some pounds.
The nightmare comes when the scale doesn’t budge. Days, or even weeks, following a daily diet and exercise don’t seem to deliver results. If this has happened to you before, it’s called weight loss plateau, and these are some reasons why it happens:
No muscle = Slow metabolism
5% of the body tissue lost during weight loss comes from muscle. Your muscles play a key role on keeping an optimal metabolic rate. Keep this in mind as it tends to complicate the weight-loss process. Regular exercise can help preserve and build muscle to keep your metabolism on track! Speaking about muscles, remember muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are building muscle you may slim down and lose fat but not weight, this is a good problem to have.
Your body finds its comfort zone
Sounds funny but it’s true. You may be feeling stuck because your body has achieved a certain weight where it’s most comfortable. Also there comes a time that the body’s metabolism has to catch up with the new situation as it still works as before. Take it slow.
Work out and unhealthy diet (or vice versa)
Don’t tell me that you’re one of those who thinks that exercising is enough? Or only eating healthy foods? The formula isn’t rocket science, my friend. You need to focus on a healthy diet (70% of your efforts) and regular exercise (30% of your efforts) if you want to drop down your pant size! Only doing both and being consistent will bring you results.
Your inner game needs to be addressed
If you have been told that you’ll always be fat, or if being fat has served/protected you in some ways in the past (and your subconscious still thinks so today), or if you have other limiting beliefs of not being able or worthy of reaching your goals… no diet and nothing will help to lose weight and keep it off.
External supplements/health issues
You might need to check with your doctor and be sure you don’t suffer from an underlying medical condition, such as thyroid or gland problems. Also, there could be medications or supplements that may be interrupting your weight loss process.
What you can do to overcome weight-loss plateau
I know that doing things right and not getting result might be frustrating. You’ve fought your weight your whole life and now you’ve to deal with this. Fortunately, here are some tips to overcome weight-loss plateau!
- Change your daily routine: I dare you to change your routine. Instead of jogging for 30 minutes, try swimming our riding a bike. The muscles become familiar with the same workout and that your makes your regular routine less effective. Try combining new exercises each day!
- Keep an eye on your food intake: Make sure to adjust your food quantity intake to match your body’s current needs for weight loss.
- Know your limits: If you’ve been following a diet, exercising regularly, and your weight isn’t budging, you might need to consult with your doctor to make sure there are not any external complications.
- Sleep like a baby!: This will help you A LOT. Getting an 8-hour sleep will help you reset your hormones which affect ghrelin and leptin, the hunger and satiety hormones regulating how much we eat. Studies have shown, lack of sleep increases the weight by 37%.
- Build your muscles!: Keeping yourself strong will help increase your metabolic rate. A nice way to do this is by lifting weights or following the strength-training program (always consult with your doctor first).
Get a create crystal clear vision for the kind of weight loss you want to achieve and the energy you want to have. Uncover hidden challenges that could be sabotaging your success with weight loss and exercise plans. Leave the session renewed, re-energized and inspired to finally lose all the weight you want and keep it off forever.
I have currently 5 spots available. To apply for these sessions, click here!