Feeling low on energy? Here are 20 tips to spark up your mood and make you feel better instantly
- Take 5-10 deep, slow breaths. Count to 4 while breathing in, count to 6 while breathing out.
- Connect with the nature. Go for a walk. Walk barefoot if you can.
- Show Gratitude. You can positively rewire your brain with a shift in your focus on gratitude. Start with the basics of being alive, having at least one friend, etc. Say thank you for being there, feel it in your heart and do it regularly.
- Give to the poor, do something for somebody, pay it forward, say something nice to a stranger, do a service, let somebody pass in front of you, give to a charity. Giving makes you feel so good.
- Change your diet and include positive mood food
- Local, organic and in season fresh, ripe fruits and vegetables
- Whole, organic grains
- Organic beans, lentils and legumes
- Organic nuts and seeds
- Herbal tea
- Green smoothies
- Fresh juices
- Dark chocolate 75%
- 1 spoon of Maca Powder
- Get rid of negative energy. Write it down, scream, jump, dance or punch a pillow. Find a way to let it all out.
- Replace negative thoughts with positive ones. One at a time.
- Dance, jump, play, run or do anything what makes you joyful.
- Listen to music you like. Music make you happy. Bonus points if you sing or dance along.
- Pick an activity that brings you joy and do it on a regular basis. This could be a hobby, be with a friend, do an activity you like, do something creative and stimulating.
- Spend time with animals. They have a great energy which makes you feel better.
- Aromatherapy is a great way to enhance your mood positively. Here are some oils which work best.
- Laugh and Smile. Listen to a standup comedy, read jokes, do laughing yoga, play a silly game. The more you laugh, the better you feel.
- Meditation has been shown to increase your positive outlook while calming the mind so you’re in a heightened state of consciousness.
- Speak positively and stop complaining and gossiping. It will attract more positivity into your life.
- Practice Yoga. Yoga means “union” and helps to connect the body and mind. Especially Kundalini Yoga helps to improve your mood.
- A hug is a great way to make you feel better. It should last at least 10 seconds
- Get a massage. Human touch will make you feel better instantly, relaxation is a bonus.
- No matter if you try singing under the shower or in front of people, singing will make you feel happier.
- And last but not least. Give love to those who matter around you. Tell them how much you love them. Tell yourself how much you love yourself.
What is your favorite way of improving your mood?
By: Andrea Caprio
Holistic Nutrition and Wellness coach
Wellness Methods offers tailor-made Corporate Wellness programs, Health and Nutrition Coaching for busy people
Copyright Wellness Methods All Rights Reserved. www.wellnessmethods.com Disclaimer: This information is not intended to replace a one on one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. Wellness Methods, its officers, affiliates, employees and Andrea Caprio encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. The entire contents of this document are based upon the opinions of Andrea Caprio and any mentioned sources, unless otherwise noted.