How to cook a DELICIOUS Quick Keto/Paleo bread!
My husband and I are following the 21-day transformational cleanse (which I totally recommend if you want to lose weight but have no time) at the moment and as he loves also to eat paleo and ketogenic, he baked this wonderful Ketobread. We ate almost all in one day so good it was. (not that I recommend doing so)
When posting the picture so many people asked for the recipe so here it is. I included a vegan version, but note it will not rise as much.
Would love your feedback!!
Quick Keto/Paleo bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 20 Slices
- 1 1/2 Cup Organic Almond Flour we get ours on amazon
- 6 Large free range/pasture raised eggs separated
- 4 tbsp grass-fed Butter melted
- 3 tsp aluminum free Baking powder We use this!
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar It’s ok if you don’t have this – We use this!
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F/180 C.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Add Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat until soft peaks are achieved.
- In a food processor combine the egg yolks, 1/3 of the beaten egg whites, melted butter, almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until combined. This will be a lumpy thick dough until the whites are added.
- Add the remaining 2/3 of the egg whites and gently process until fully incorporated. Be careful not to overmix as this is what gives the bread it’s volume!
- Pour mixture into a buttered 8×4 loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick to ensure the bread is cooked through. Enjoy! 1 loaf makes 20 slices.
Replace 1 Egg with 1 tsp of ground flax seed + 1 TBS water Get it here
Replace 1 TBS butter with 1 TBS virgin coconut oil. I love this one
Note bread will not rise as much.
The result was AMAZING and TASTY!