Benefits of Blueberries
Blueberries are a superfood. They are flowering indigo-colored berries that are sweet, long-lasting, and versatile. Blueberries are a great way to jazz up salads, smoothies, yogurt, gluten-free pancakes, cupcakes, or waffles. Not only are they tasty and easy to snack on, but Blueberries are powerhouse superfoods with a wide range of benefits.
Here are just a few:
1. High in nutrition
Blueberries are very nutritious. A cup contains:
- Four grams of fiber.
- 36% of your daily value (DV) of vitamin K.
- 24% DV of vitamin C.
- 25% DV of manganese.
- Fifteen grams of healthy carbohydrates.
2. Low in calories
Although they are high in nutrition, they are low in calories. One serving of 148 grams of blueberries only contains 84 calories.
3. King of anti-oxidants
Blueberries are often referred to as the king of anti-oxidants. They contain many flavonoids that reduce the risk of various types of diseases and illnesses like cancer and heart problems.
4. Promote anti-aging
Daily consumption of blueberries reduces the risk of DNA damage and the development of anti-aging symptoms.
5. Fight various diseases and illnesses.
Blueberries can help reduce cholesterol, lower blood pressure and improve your memory and other brain activities.
6. Workout partner
Blueberries are great for restoring and repairing muscle damage after strenuous workout sessions. Add a handful of them to your post-workout protein shake or smoothie.
7. Help in losing weight
The fiber in blueberries helps you feel full, satiates cravings, and provides you with loads of long-lasting energy. Whip up a smoothie or throw them into some Greek yogurt to help keep your snacking healthy.
8. Healthy digestion
Having a handful of blueberries as a dessert after your meal will help to improve your digestion and save your body from disturbing illnesses like constipation.
9. Promote clear and glowing skin
Blueberries promote clear skin. The high levels of vitamin C help reduce the damages of smoke, pollution, and built-up makeup. Try a blueberry facemask at home to help your skin regain its glow.
10. Have luscious locks
The vitamins and nutrients in blueberries can help restore the luster and shine of your hair. You can even crush a handful of blueberries and add them to your hair oil as a hair mask. Apply, let sit for a few minutes, and rinse. Your hair will feel amazing.
11. You are firm when your bones are strong.
Blueberries contain magnesium, calcium, iron, and phosphorus, promoting strong, healthy bones. Daily consumption of a handful of blueberries may help repair damaged bones and reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
In conclusion, blueberries are a nutritious fruit that offers a variety of health benefits. They can be enjoyed in a variety of recipes, both sweet and savory. So next time you’re at the grocery store, be sure to pick up some blueberries and give one of these recipes a try!
-1 cup blueberries
-1 cup nut milk
-1/4 cup yogurt
-a few drops of stevia
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
-1 cup all-purpose glutenfree flour
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-pinch of salt
-3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
-2/3 cup coconut sugar
-2 large eggs
-1/2 cup nut milk
-1 1/2 cups blueberries, picked over and rinsed
1. preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cream the butter and coconut sugar together in a separate bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the blueberries.
3. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to cool further on a wire rack.