Brilliant color and taste, chose between red, green and yellow bell pepper.
Why are they so healthy?
- It is one of the 2 vegetables which contain high doses of carotenoids (the other is Tomato)
- It has lots of other Phytonutrients such as Flavonoids and Hydroxycinnamic Acids
- Very high in Vitamin C, ripe Bell pepper contain more Vitamin C than unripe ones
- Rather eat raw or lightly sautéed as some of the nutrients are destroyed during long cooking and grilling
- High in Sulphur which may have a great anti-cancer benefit
How to prepare?
- Best is to add it to salads, like a tuna or chicken salad
- Great with Bean salads too, add to red beans, onions, tomatoes and corn
- Shortly sauté together with celery, onions and combine with some protein
- Add to a crudité platter with some healthy dips such as Humus
- Prepare it in a cold Gazpacho with tomatoes, cucumbers, garlic and Olive oil