The Bad Effect Of Bad Habits On Your Body
Well, we all know and practice some ‘bad habits’. Maybe you can identify with some of these:
- Cracking your knuckles
- Nail biting
- Loud volume (in headphones)
- Sitting for long periods
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Eating too quickly
- Eating junk food
- Too much alone time
The list above are just some of the things that we sometimes do without noticing them. Some people actually have a hard time distinguishing what is healthy or not. Or if their lifestyle choices cause a huge toll on their health and well-being. This is one of the reasons why most people do not know what their (wrong) lifestyle or habits are costing them. Have a look at the following areas and examine each to get clear if habits are damaging or beneficial to your life.
Types of People with Bad Habits
In the world of bad habits and wrong lifestyle choices, there are two groups of people. Those who try to get rid of and got used to life without bad habits. And there are those who just give in to their habits and don’t care.
Bad Habits and Lifestyle Effects
Some bad habits are harmful to us and can even restrict us from the full use of our abilities throughout life. Some habits can cause considerable damage to human existence. Loss of potential and motivation, illness, premature aging of the human body are just some samples.
And with that said, we should be vigilant about our body. We should take notice of our gestures, activities, food and lifestyle choices. One should know what is good and bad for their health and well-being.
Here are some of the things you can easily check out:
- Poor posture
- Excessive consumption of junk food
- Stress and stressors
- Too much alcohol consumption
- Skipping breakfast
- Quality of sleep
- Lack of water consumption
- Too much work
- Sedentary lifestyle
There are some who really struggles in some categories. Are you are one of those who struggle in getting rid of your unwanted habits? You may want to take advantage of a FREE CONSULTATION with me. Talk to someone who has better knowledge and expertise. I can help you personalize your goal and steps to overcoming your bad habit.
Basic Habits to Fix Easily
There are some habits that you might think are okay but which are really unhealthy. Here are some habits that you can easily spot and fix immediately:
- Snacking even when not hungry. Pay attention to your hunger signals. Switch to healthy snacks! This way you can boost nutrition, control cravings, and avoid energy slumps.
- Too much TV and couch time. Television should not replace time you’d otherwise spend engaging in a favorite hobby or family time. Make a list of your favorite past-time and replace 1 day of TV with it.
- Eating too much fast food. Trans fat, often found in fast food, raises triglycerides and LDL cholesterol. This increases inflammation and contributes to the build-up of fatty plaque. Incorporate 1 healthy meal instead of fast food, then increase gradually.
- Getting too much sun time (getting sunburned). Sunbathing destroys the elastic fibers that keep skin looking firm and smooth and this can lead to earlier wrinkles, blotches, freckles, and discolorations. 15 minutes a day are healthy for your Vitamin D but thereafter wear sunscreen.
- Stress and anxiety. Stressors can have far-reaching impact on your health. This can cause cravings for high-fat and sugary foods. And we all know that this might increase your risk of being overweight. Start breathing practices, meditation or other routines that help with stress.
- Too much alcohol consumption. If you drink too much on a regular basis, alcohol can be a poison. This will put you at higher risk for liver damage, various cancers and other illnesses. Replace one drink with water and if your struggle, seek help.
- Smoking. This bad habit raises your odds for heart attacks, strokes, and high blood pressure. On top of it is a possibly of triggering or aggravating breathing problems. Get help to stop. A great book is “The easy way to stop smoking” by Alan Carr. It helped me to stop many years ago.
Now, not everyone has all the power to get rid of all the aforementioned bad habits. A drastic change in lifestyle can be done step by step. This will assure that you did not only eliminate the habit but also makes sure that you get rid of it completely!
Some of you may need support and guidance to help you get through it and fully live a healthy life. If you are one of those who need support, you may want to join my group coaching program. Just click the button below to learn more about the program and what you can get out of it!