Anxiety Prevention Through Healthy Diet
Anxiety prevention is something we should take seriously. It should play a huge part in your daily life. ” You are, what you eat” as choosing the right food, can shape you not only mentally but also physically. Your gut is connected to your brain. Inadequate intake of food means not enough nutrients to supply your mind. This can increase your risk to have anxiety.
Here are 2 Simple Tips to Improve Anxiety
1. Plan meals around whole foods
2. Lower or cut the number of processed foods including sweets and snacks
A few more principles will give you more benefits:
- Swapping out foods
- Avoid binge-eating
- Enjoy nutritious superfood with mood-boosting properties
Famish for something healthy? Click the tab below and let’s start with healthy meal planning.
Anxiety Prevention Food Alternatives
There are food alternatives that can help with anxiety prevention. Below are some samples that you can actually start with;
High in folate. There is an elevated incident of folate deficiency for those suffering from anxiety
- B6 helps the body make several neurotransmitters.
- B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin) have positive effects on the nervous system. Lack of these vitamins are connected to anxiety
- Vitamin E is important for vision, reproduction, and maintaining healthy skin. In fact, it helps widen blood vessel that is needed for the formation of the red blood cell
Have Vitamin C that helps repair and protect our cells which provide anxiety relief.
Tryptophan helps you with sleep and mood.
Magnesium is an effective mineral for anxiety-related symptoms. Low magnesium levels reduce the level of serotonin in the brain
Probiotics can help reduce anxiety.
Greek plain yogurt are the best go-to probiotics. They contain live and active cultures that are beneficial for the gut.
Dark leafy plants like kale has beta-carotene and Vitamin C.
Beta-carotene and Vitamin C boosts antioxidant levels and support optimal brain functioning. Antioxidants can help with mood.
Omega 3 fatty acids are particularly effective to combat anxiety. Good fats are needed in your daily diet.
Work on your balanced diet. This will help prevent anxiety aside from the common ways to avoid it like;
- Avoiding or cutting caffeine, alcohol and sugar intake
- Have a “me ” time
- Keep an anxiety journal
Do you want to know other ways that can help combat your anxiety? Click the button below, and live a more healthy life 🙂