Anxiety Prevention Through Healthy Diet
Anxiety prevention is something we should take serious. It should play a huge part in your daily life. ” You are, what you eat” as choosing the right food, can immensely shape you mentally and physically. Your gut is connected to your brain. Inadequate intake of food means not enough nutrients to supply your mind. This can increase your risk to have anxiety.
Here are 2 simple tips to improve anxiety:
- Plan meals around whole foods
- Lower or eliminate the number of processed foods including sweets and snacks
A few more principles will give your more benefits:
- Swapping out foods
- Avoid binge-eating
- Enjoy nutritious superfood with mood-boosting properties
Famish for something healthy? Click the tab below and let’s start with healthy meal planning.
Anxiety Prevention Food Alternatives:
High in folate. There is an elevated incident of folate deficiency for those suffering from anxiety
- B6 helps the body make several neurotransmitters.
- B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin) have positive effects on the nervous system. Lack of these vitamins are connected to anxiety
- Vitamin E is important for vision, reproduction, and maintaining healthy skin. In fact, it helps widen blood vessel that is needed for the formation of the red blood cell
Have Vitamin C that helps repair and protect our cells which provide anxiety relief.
Tryptophan, helps you with sleep and mood.
Magnesium is an effective mineral for anxiety-related symptoms. Low magnesium levels reduce the level of serotonin in the brain
Probiotics can help reduce anxiety. Especially, Greek and plain yogurt are the best go-to probiotics. They contain live and active cultures that are beneficial for the gut.
Antioxidants can help with mood. Dark leafy like kale has beta-carotene and Vitamin C. These are needed to boost antioxidant levels and support optimal brain functioning.
Omega 3 fatty acids are particularly effective to combat anxiety. Good fats are needed in your daily diet.
Do you want to know other ways that can help combat your anxiety? Click the tab below, and live a more healthy life 🙂