10 work-site wellness tips you need to know if you want to grow your business
To allow for better profits and growth, many companies have recognized the importance of supporting their employees’ health. There is a lot that can be done to put in place healthier habits in the work place.
Here are some not so usual but simple tips which help instilling a better wellness culture in your office.
- Visit a local farmer’s market for lunch and pay for all organic produce.
- Post ergonomic tips for relieving back pain and eye strain through better posture, exercises and by taking regular breaks.
- Reward your team for putting in the extra hours by ordering a healthy lunch for them.
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is the new trend and allows people to access healthy food at a great price. Check this site for a start http://www.localharvest.org/csa/ they might even deliver if you are enough signing up.
- Swap the old junk food vending machines for a healthy one or install a micro market. These self-checkout mini-convenience stores offer fresh meals and produce, in addition show nutritional information.
- Bring in a specialist who offers health assessments, and more importantly, give people a roadmap to improved health. A corporate wellness coach will be able to put a suitable program together for you.
- Invite wellness vendors to your office for a workshop about nutrition and wellness activities.
- In a study conducted by the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Wharton School, employees who were financially incentivized to quit smoking were 3 times more successful at ditching the habit than non-incentivized employees.
- Create flexible work hours and focus on effectiveness instead of a 9-5 job. After all, results count more than clocking the hours.
- Do a survey to find out what wellness activities people are interested in and what not. Create a wellness program that works.
For more inspiration, feel free to contact me, I am glad to help with more ideas.
By: Andrea Caprio
Holistic Nutrition and Wellness coach
Wellness Methods offers tailor-made Corporate Wellness programs, Health and Nutrition Coaching for busy people
Copyright Wellness Methods All Rights Reserved. www.wellnessmethods.com Disclaimer: This information is not intended to replace a one on one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. Wellness Methods, its officers, affiliates, employees and Andrea Caprio encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. The entire contents of this document are based upon the opinions of Andrea Caprio and any mentioned sources, unless otherwise noted.